Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Anniversary!!

Thursday, November 19, 2009 was my first post.

Well, how about that? I have reached my one-year anniversary of blogging!
And now, my friends, it is time to bid you all adieu...I have reached the
end of my journey.

I thank you all for reading my drivel, and for allowing me to re-discover
the writing I used to do. I will continue to read all of your posts. But for
me, I think I have about run out of things to say...

I won't say I am gone FOREVER, if I think of something that I think needs
to be said, then I will post it...think of this as just a little break.

I leave you with a final song...
A nostalgic memory of my frequent co-collaborator.
Now he lives too far from me, I only see him every
year or two. Too bad.

So this song is all just me playing.

The references to 'Sally' are Ray's guitar
(yes, he named it).

Sheila is a cat that I had at the time.
She died when she was around 17 years old.

I include the standard disclaimer:

Not professionally recorded, and it might sound better if
you listened with headphones.

The link and the lyrics appear below:

Where's Raymond?

C. Where the hell is Raymond?
I surely miss him now
Where the hell is Raymond?
Where's Raymond?
Where's Raymond?

1. Ray and I, we used to write
While waiting to succeed
Raymond strumming Sally
While we both wished for our needs

Hunger in our bellies
And lust deep in our bones
Where's Raymond?
Where's Raymond?

2. Playing songs for all to hear
Creative waste of time
Creditors are hounding us
'Till Amway comes on line

And Ray and I are mellow
With our music and our pot
Where's Raymond?
Where's Raymond?

C.

3. Then the day must come
When shit together we must get
Adolescent playtime surely
Has it's place to set

So Raymond, he took Sally
And I took Sheila, too
Where's Raymond?
Where's Raymond?

C.

Peace be with you.

28 comments:

  1. happy blog's anniversary, Joe!
    I'm glad if you just have to got a little break on blogging, not gone forever...!!
    Love your music and song...and I'm hoping this is not your final song..
    all the best to you... and have a wonderful break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jooooooeeeeeeee! No! I'm with Nensa. Take a break. Go to a retreat and get your head straight, man, but don't leave us without a blog from you! I so enjoy coming here and reading and listening. This is crazy talk.

    It's a break, Joe. Got it? It's not goodbye.

    Oh. and if you stop coming to my blog to say hello I will have to hunt you down and when I find you, it won't be pretty. I can whine and carry on with the best of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is disappointing - I just got here! Hope you return; you will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been fun learning about you Joe. I think you are a neat guy. Blog or don't blog....whatever feels right to you. I am just glad you had fun doing it in the first place. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you are done. I think you have plenty more to say. I might not always comment at your blog but I enjoy reading it. I look forward to your next post (yes there will be a next post)... In the meantime

    Peace be with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, as usual, my friends.
    Yes, Ben, if I think of something really exciting, i will post.
    And not to worry, I am still stalking ya'll and will be commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!

    I agree with the others, break, not depart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Joe, I really enjoy reading your so called drivel my friend and so appreciate the kindness you have shown me, I look forward to your next post as I am so hoping that a break is what you are taking rather than packing it up for good.

    Look at it this way it's going to take way more than a year of blogging to say what we have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SIT! STAY! THINK!

    Then decide!

    Would miss ya!

    JOhn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What??? You can't stop blogging! I forbid it! So what if that's hypocritical of me? hahaha Seriously, I hope you still pop up from time to time, your blog is one of my favorites, always has been, and I look forward to reading it in the future, even if it's only sporadic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will try to post at LEAST as often as you do, Miss K! Happy Turkey Day to all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary!

    I never thought I would make it a year. Now it seems like forever ago. crazy.

    Keep at it I love to read what you have say.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to post more frequently then (diabolical laugh goes here X)

    ReplyDelete
  14. JOE YOU CANNOT DO THIS TO ME! Please don't go, stay. They year went by so fast. Aw Joe, don't go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joe Joe Joe, say it ain't so Joe!
    I understand and hope you'll be back at it someday sooner than later. You're a great guy Joe. I really loved the stories about your life. Please stop by and say hello from time to time. I miss you already...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations and goodbye (for now) Joe! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Blogiversary. If you are like many of us, you'll try to quit but won't be able to.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey thanks for the comment on my blog. I am slowly getting back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You'll be back. I'm always coming and going, but the urge to commit thoughts to ths space has just, well, got me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. merry christmas joe!
    nikonsniper steve

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry, Joe!

    I meant to say...my BEST WISHES to you and yours!
    Merry Christmas!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello! I was here, asking for friendship. ;) Would you like to follow each others blogs? Advance Happy New Year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dropping by to wish you a very Happy New Year!

    Here's wishing you and your family happiness and prosperity in the new year!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  25. Enjoy your break, happy anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Valentine's Day to you both!
    How are you doing, Joe?
    I'd love to see you over my blog sometime, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. hi Joe. hope you're doing well.

    just wanted to let you know that i re-followed you through my gmail profile this time.

    have a great day!
    beyyu

    ReplyDelete
  28. opps i meant to say of course betty.

    ReplyDelete