Saturday, December 19, 2009

Why Blog??

An interesting thing I have discovered about blogging is
that I have been doing this kind of thing off-line for a
great portion of my life. Having been one who has always
written short stories, miniature novels, music, and
journal-type entries that nobody reads, I realize that
when I look back on some of my 'old stuff', I can use it
for this present-day blog!

So I have to ask myself...as many of you probably have...
what is the point of doing this blogging stuff? Why do I
bother to write all this stuff down that, frankly, nobody
is ever going to read anyway?

Unless something cool happens and I get lots of followers, I
might as well be talking to myself. Which is okay, actually.
None of the articles and stories that I have written off-line
for the past 45-50 odd years have really ever been read by
anyone except myself anyway.

So maybe I do this because it is easier to go onto Blogspot
and read all my old stuff than it is to dig up all my old
typed manuscripts? No, that can't be it, because if I wanted,
I could just scan or re-type everything into Word and save it
locally on my PC. That is handy and convenient to read, so
why go the extra step and put it in a blog?

Well, maybe it is fun to pretend that other people read my
stuff, and maybe find it interesting and fun to read? But
to go one more step farther...even if people really WERE
finding and reading my blog, why do I care about THAT?

Probably, then, it is because I am compelled to write.
It is what I do. It doesn't matter if anyone sees it or not.
I also write music, and pretty much nobody has ever heard
any of that either.

In fact, even if I suddenly found that I was the last person
alive on earth, I would still continue to write.

I think perhaps that when I blog, I am officially 'published'.
Even if nobody reads it, I am still technically a published
author. What do you think about that?

Oh, wait, nobody is reading this, so I won't get any answers.
So I can just write whatever I want...so I could just go:
"Blah blah blah blah..."

If this means anything to anyone, I can state that I DO enjoy
reading other peoples' blogs...I really do. I am interested in
what they have to say, what they experience in life, what their
views and attitudes are. And some of them are very witty and
entertaining.

So there you go, you anonymous and un-read bloggers...keep going!
Because I AM reading yours!

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I'm right here. I liked your article! And let me say I do exactly the same. I know not many people (actually none) are looking at my blog, but I post pictures anyways.

    I'm officially your follower.

    ReplyDelete