In my relentless quest to make life easier for you, I hereby present you with
these common-sense rules to live by:
1. Don't buy extended warranties
The way I figure it, if your product ain't good enough to last longer than the
original warranty, I don't want it anyway.
This applies to major appliances, cameras, cars, computers, etc.
2. When you are running a PC program that crashes, and the window
comes up and asks if you want to 'Send a report to Microsoft', the
correct answer is always 'NO'.
3. When your computer tells you there is an update to a program
and you need to install the update, if everything is running fine,
and there are no problems or issues at all, the correct answer
is "No, do not update".
The only exception to this rule might be anti-virus software...but I have
strong opinions on this as well.
4. When you are flying, ALWAYS plan on getting to the security
line at least two hours before your flight.
You're either going to hang around at home waiting and wasting time, or you will be
at the airport being bored...but personally, I would rather waste my time at the
airport having the security line finished. You might as well be at the gate waiting
instead of at home.
(Besides, at the airport, you can people-watch, which is always great entertainment).
5. For that matter, when flying, if at all possible, NEVER check a bag.
No matter where I go, or for how long, I can always get by with just one carry-on.
The hassle of having to wash more clothes while traveling, or having to buy stuff
that you have forgotten to pack is well worth the peace of mind you feel while flying,
knowing that when you arrive, you can just grab your bag and walk off the plane, and
be done with it.
6. When you buy anything, and they want you to register the
product, or send in the registration card, or register on-line...
The only thing you are doing is putting yourself on another mailing list.
7. When driving to an un-familiar destination, always memorize
the last off-ramp BEFORE the one you want, or the last street
BEFORE the one you are to make your turn on.
Even if using GPS, this can be quite handy.
8. When you are just about to make an expensive, big-ticket purchase,
hold off and wait one more day before buying it.
9. Finally, if you are looking for ways to save big money on the latest gadgets,
then you should check out this post of mine!
How did you ever survive without me?
Peace be with you.