Friday, May 7, 2010

Digital Art...Scenic Places

All right, it is the weekend, and I was browsing a few
more of the digital art creations I have muddled with
over the years. I don't have a lot of time to do this
anymore, but once in a while I will complete a project
I have been working on.

These are a few from what I call The Scenic Collection.

This one is kind of like the place I imagine myself living
in someday...a quaint little house right next to a lake,
and my own little garden in the back.
(Don't forget to click it to enlarge).

A deserted beach, and a very gloomy forest:

A road that leads to some kind of cool city, and a log cabin:

Finally, this is supposed to be a prehistoric scene. This
one took a lot of work, because I tried to make it into a
panoramic. You can't really tell here, because when you
upload these pictures to blogspot, it seems to reduce the
resolution quite a bit. The original is a huge file, if I
printed it out, it would probably be on a banner that was
about 2 feet wide:

To get a better idea, this image is an original-size crop
from the left side of the image where the smoke from the
fire is:

And finally, if you happened to have a pair of those funky
red-blue 3-D glasses laying around, you could see what I
attempted to create as 3-D. The image took almost 24 hours
to render when I was done:

Peace be with you.

12 comments:

  1. These are so cool! I have some 3D glasses around here, somewhere. If I find them, I'll be back to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a pic in 3D? That is so awesome! I wish I could see it. For some reason though I haven't been able to see 3D images since I was a teenager.

    Love the gloomy forest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe.........I enjoyed reading your blog!! Especially the part about your daughter :)

    Terri A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great.
    you certainly have an artistic side to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Joe! Those are impressive landscapes you made. Looks like you captured a different feel for each environment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are pretty darn cool. I love them. I want to live in the log cabin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very nice...well done!!! I really like the beach scene and the kind of forest...very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such beautiful pictures!!
    Great shots! Love them!
    Hope you're having a great weekend1
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all. I can't say whether I like the forests or the ocean better...to hard to decide. I guess a good compromise would be parts of California where the forest actually marches right down to the sea.

    ReplyDelete