Saturday, September 4, 2010

More Music...Find Your Way

This is supposed to be a 'country-ish' kind of song...
Recorded with my cohort Ray...he is doing the rhythm electric
guitar, I don't recall which of us is doing the bass.

I am also doing drums and vocals, and the lead electric guitar
part as well.

I include the standard disclaimer:

Not professionally recorded, and it might sound better if
you listened with headphones.

The Link and the lyrics appear below:

Find Your Way

1. I've been searchin' these roads for so long it seems
That I'll never get done, and there's a hole in my jeans
She drove me crazy when she walked away
But that don't matter, 'cause I'll find her someday

I've searched the valley, and I've searched the yard
Through drivin' rain that turns mud hard
But wouldn'cha know it, just when I get close
The sickness comes, and takes away my horse

C. Baby, baby, baby try and find your way back here
I been lookin' so long, now it's your turn, come on here
I've trudged all night through the pouring rain
And just one thing that you've got to know
My love for you will never, never, never die

2. I was supposed to meet her in a bar in Texas
But I guess I read the letter wrong, and oh, what a mix-up
I was chasin' tiny flies and invisible stories
If someone else gets her then I'll miss the glory of finding her

She wrote me again, said to meet her in Paris
But man, I can't go, I can't tell her I'm penniless
So what I gotta do is write her a letter
Tell her "Meet me here instead," 'cause I think that's better

C.

Peace be with you.

6 comments:

  1. I dig it. I am not a country fan, but this is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watered my lawn with my tears...
    This is pure country-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that is so sweet, Joe. Love love those lyrics! They perfectly reflect the reality.
    And I'm a country fan. (J. Cash?!)Cool song!!

    Happy Sunday!
    B :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe! I liked this a lot, especially the intro! My cat even woke up for it and she doesn't do that for just anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool, Joe!!
    I love the country music...

    Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!
    nensa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thanks all...I am surprised to get comments on this. Weekends seem to be pretty slow for blogging, so I figured I will use weekends to dump my music out there, thinking nobody will really ever get to it.
    (I am trying to fill up the music tab on my Original Music part, and you have to publish a page before you can link to it. So I am trying to just put it out there when things are quiet just to have a page to link to.)

    ReplyDelete