Monday, September 6, 2010

Nostalgia...the old Pee Chee Folder...

The lovely and talented Miss Ally over at Fourth Grade Nothing recently posted
this blog about old lunch boxes and school supplies. She caused me to remember
some old school supplies of my own during my school years of the 1970's.

We used to all have yellow 'PeeChee' folders in those days...and on the back
side of the folder there was an illustration of some basketball players. The
way they were posed presented a perfect opportunity to enhance the graphic just
a bit to make it look like one guy was hammering a stake into the chest of
another player. Here is what the original un-defaced folder looked like:

Perhaps it was just my own local clique, but upon getting a brand new folder,
everyone I knew would modify the picture by drawing on it so it looked like
this: (The modification is circled in red)

Ah, well, I guess it was just a local California thing, but a big thank-you to
you, Ally, for bringing back this fond memory. THAT is what blogging is all about!

Peace be with you.

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, that is really awesome!
    Great folder illustrations, too.

    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    B :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being given book covers which we would all immediately draw all over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! Pee Chee...
    By the end of the year there would be no more room on it to doodle!
    great post Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the old cool stuff. My how things have changed for school kids now a days.

    and
    lunch boxes, what are those? Once my kids hit the "teen" ages they said screw lunches from home.

    That is so not cool mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The things we remember Joe, I think it's pretty cool the memories that blogging brings back to us.

    Excellent Post my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember drawing dynamite sticks on the runners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back in the 60`s and 70`s i thought my friends and i were the only ones driving the stake through the ball players heart..........CLASSIC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of old school supplies and blogs, here's a site that is all about Pee Chee folders and the way we would doodle them. http://www.peecheeart.com

    ReplyDelete